Is Coaching for You?
Are you functioning in your life as it is, but want more?
Are you willing to do whatever it takes to make the changes needed to catapult you to the next level of living this one precious life?
As your Healthcare and Vitality coach, I will:
help you make sustainable change using the Core Energy™ Coaching Process.
explore the process of change with you
help you identify your own health vision and present strengths and capabilities
encourage stress management and self care through techniques such as centering, visualization, breathing and other relaxation techniques
allow a safe space to explore loss, grief and end of life
emphasizes action, accountability, and follow through.
support your growth based on change initiated by YOU.
provide guidance and help you gain clarity around creating actionable strategies for achieving specific goals around health care, wellness, legacy-building, and decision-making.
supply supportive, discovery-based approaches and framework, knowing you are capable of generating your own solutions.
champion you and celebrate your successes.
listen to you, witness your growth, and help you access your creative heart when desired.
As your coach, I won't:
- create coaching session objectives for you.
- advise or counsel you.
- judge, criticize, or make assumptions about you.
- provide therapy or mental health care for you.
As the coachee, you have the opportunity to:
- create your own coaching objectives.
- hold yourself accountable for what you say you will do.
- examine limiting beliefs, assumptions and interpretations you are making that may be holding you back.
- identify your core values.
- create a clear vision of what you want to experience or accomplish.
- see from a different perspective.
- experience a shift in energy.
- be heard.
- experience objective dialogue.
- bounce ideas, brainstorm, and problem-solve with an objective person.
- be more present/conscious/aware.
- "go there."
- see more opportunities.
- make lasting changes in yourself and the way you live your life.
- experience creative homework assignments.
Learn about the benefits of using a coach here.
How is professional coaching different from other personal or organizational support professions?
- Therapy: In general, therapy deals with healing pain, dysfunction and conflict within an individual or in relationships. The focus is often on resolving difficulties arising from the past that hamper an individual's emotional functioning in the present, improving overall psychological functioning, and dealing with the present in more emotionally healthy ways.
- Consulting: Individuals or organizations retain consultants for their expertise. While consulting approaches vary widely, the assumption is the consultant will diagnose problems and prescribe and, sometimes, implement solutions.
- Mentoring: A mentor is an expert who provides wisdom and guidance based on his or her own experience. Mentoring may include advising, counseling and coaching.
- Training: Training programs are based on objectives set out by the trainer or instructor. Training also assumes a linear learning path that coincides with an established curriculum.
- Athletic Development: Though sports metaphors are often used, professional coaching is different from sports coaching. The athletic coach is often seen as an expert who guides and directs the behavior of individuals or teams based on his or her greater experience and knowledge. Athletic development may focus on behaviors that are being executed poorly or incorrectly in order to improve outcomes.