About Carolyn & Interval Coaching
This is how I LOVE, PREPARE, PLAY, PERSEVERE, and CONNECT
- Parent and partner in a cross-cultural, dual-national, tri-lingual family
- 14 years abroad (Europe)
- Master of Education, Guidance & Counseling
- Post-Graduate Study in Expressive Arts Therapy
- Certified Child Life Specialist, Association of Child Life Professionals
- Associate Certified Coach, International Coach Federation
- Certified Professional Coach, Core Energy™ Coaching Process
- Certified Energy Leadership Index -Master Practitioner
- Certified Facilitator of the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Military Families, The Covey Institute
- Medical Coaching Learning Community 2016-2017, Medical Coaching Institute
- Bereavement Group Facilitator Training, The Dougy Center
- Foundations Level Yoga InstructorTraining, YogaFit
- Host, Vibrant Women's Circle and Regional Coordinator (Italy), Gather the Women Global Matrix
- Collaborating Writer, I Am A Triangle
- Subject Matter Expert, Presenter, Pediatric Pain course, Pediatric Hospital Bambino Gesu' (Vatican City)
- Subject Matter Expert, Presenter, Therapeutic Play Course 1, Pediatric Hospital Bambino Gesu'
- Subject Matter Expert, Presenter, Therapeutic Play Course 2, Pediatric Hospital Bambino Gesu'
- Presenter, Enhancing Family Centered Care Intensive, Johns Hopkins Children's Center (Baltimore, MD)
- Presenter, Psychological Preparation Intensive, JHCC
- Seminar Facilitator, Child Life Internship, JHCC
How I PLAY:
- Vocalist, Blanco & Tinto Big Band (Cortaccia, Italy)
- Student of Contemporary Voice, Vivaldi Institute of Music (Bolzano, Italy)
Why Interval Coaching & Consulting℠
French composer, Claude Debussy, famous for his use of non-traditional musical scales, said, "Music is the space between notes."
As a singer, these musical rests--these spaces between--are my touchstones. They connect me back to my breath. They feed me and give me the opportunity to refocus. The moment I inhale, everything I do in the silence of that rest, prepares me for the note ahead. The quality of that breath, the mental and emotional control as I exhale, dictates whether the note will be sharp, flat, soft, booming, or right on.
We all experience these intervals between 'notes', where we're not sure what will happen next and where anything is possible. A pause, a period of time, an opening, a gap, the distance between two points.
For me, it's always been a place to recover my breath, to listen, to prepare, to re-tune, to reflect, and to create. With health challenges, this pause is often the "waiting time" --waiting for results, waiting for appointments, waiting for a treatment to begin or end. For the globally mobile, in particular, this gap involves a cultural component requiring a more sophisticated navigation system.
Interval Coaching & Consulting℠ allows me to partner with international patients, their parents, and partners to 'fine-tune' the space between illness and wellness, disease and ease, and distress and eustress ('good' stress), so that they can experience a greater sense of preparedness, personal power, creativity, and peace throughout their healthcare journey.
For those of us living outside our 'home' country (however we define 'home'), navigating healthcare is part of the adventure! I am here to be that consistent and objective travel companion, a personal adventure guide, helping you emerge from overwhelm so you are motivated and energized to plan, prepare, make decisions, create balance, and learn to just be in the interval between then and when (YES! That's right now!)
Interval Coaching & Consulting℠ also provides a northern Italian hillside site with personalized coaching/yoga workshop and retreat options for small groups and families.