About Carolyn & Interval Coaching
AN ENERGETIC, EXPRESSIVE, DEEP-DIVING PARTICIPANT IN A CROSS-CULTURAL LIFE
- Expat, 14 years
- Mom and partner in a cross-cultural, dual-national, tri-lingual family
- Host, Vibrant Women's Circle and Regional Coordinator (Veneto, Italy), Gather the Women Global Matrix
- Collaborating Writer, I Am A Triangle
- Contributing Writer, Insights and Interviews from the 2017 FIGT Conference: Creating Your Tribe on the Move
- Vocalist, Blanco & Tinto Big Band (Cortaccia, Italy)
- Student of Contemporary Voice, Vivaldi Institute of Music (Bolzano, Italy)
A PASSIONATE LIFE-LONG LEARNER
- Master of Education, Guidance & Counseling
- Post-Graduate Study in Expressive Arts Therapy, European Graduate School
- Certified Child Life Specialist, Association of Child Life Professionals
- Associate Certified Coach, International Coach Federation
- Certified Professional Coach, Core Energy™ Coaching Process
- Certified Energy Leadership Index -Master Practitioner
- Certified Facilitator of the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families, The Covey Institute
- Medical Coaching Learning Community, Medical Coaching Institute
- Bereavement Group Facilitator Training, The Dougy Center
- Yoga Instructor Student, YogaFit
AN ENTHUSIASTIC PRESENTER
- Subject Matter Expert, Presenter, Pediatric Pain Course, Pediatric Hospital Bambino Gesu' (Vatican City)
- Subject Matter Expert, Presenter, Therapeutic Play Course 1, Pediatric Hospital Bambino Gesu'
- Subject Matter Expert, Presenter, Therapeutic Play Course 2, Pediatric Hospital Bambino Gesu'
- Facilitator, Stress Management Through Guided Imagery, Army Community Services, (Vicenza, Italy)
- Facilitator, 6 Steps to Stamina: Balancing Stress Series, Army Community Services
- Presenter, Enhancing Family-Centered Care Intensive, Johns Hopkins Children's Center (MD, USA)
- Presenter, Psychological Preparation Intensive, JHCC
- Facilitator, The Child Life Process/Documentation Seminar Series, Child Life Internship Program,JHCC
- Facilitator, Gentle Yoga, Interval Coaching & Consulting (Cortaccia, Italy)
The Story Behind the Name
French composer, Claude Debussy, famous for his use of non-traditional musical scales, said, "Music is the space between notes."
I sing for fun.That's always been the way I've felt right in my skin. Musical rests--those spaces between notes--are like touchstones, reminding me to breathe, to rest, to focus. The moment I inhale, everything I do in the silence of that rest prepares me for the note ahead. The quality of that breath, the mental and emotional control as I exhale, dictates whether the note will be sharp, flat, soft, booming, or somewhere in the middle.
We all experience these intervals between 'notes', where we're not sure what will happen next and where anything is possible. A pause, a period of time, an opening, a gap, the distance between two points.
For me, it's always been a place to recover my breath, to listen, to prepare, to re-tune, to reflect, and to create.
With health challenges, this pause is often the "waiting time" --waiting for results, waiting for appointments, waiting for a treatment to begin or end. For the globally mobile, in particular, this gap involves a cultural component requiring a more sophisticated navigation system.
Interval Coaching & Consulting℠ allows me to partner with international patients, their parents, and partners to 'fine-tune' the space between illness and wellness, disease and ease, and distress and eustress ('good' stress), so that they can experience a greater sense of preparedness, personal power, creativity, and peace throughout their healthcare journey.
I am one of the 5727 Certified Child Life Specialists around the world with a unique skill set with which to help children, teens, and families through a myriad of medical experiences. Rooted in developmental and stress and coping theory, this work includes very practical, hands-on techniques parents can learn to help their children.
For those of us living abroad, navigating healthcare is part of the adventure! I am here to be that consistent and objective travel companion, a personal adventure guide, helping you emerge from overwhelm so you are motivated and energized to plan, prepare, make decisions, create balance, and learn to just be in the interval between then and when (YES! That's right now!)