About Carolyn and Interval Coaching
Why Interval Coaching & Consulting℠
What is an Interval?
A pause. A period of time. An opening. A gap. The distance between two points. It is the difference in pitch between two tones. A place to breathe, to rest, to listen, to re-tune, to prepare, to reflect, to create. It is the space between.
Referencing a Beethoven piece, writer Mark Nepo once said "When life happens, you are going to have to tune as you go . We're not here to do it perfectly; we're here to do it thoroughly."
Through Interval Coaching & Consulting℠, I partner with clients who are patients themselves or who find themselves in a care-giving role (a "care-partner") of someone living with a health condition abroad. I help those living internationally fine-tune grief into growth, loss into light, and limbo into an opportunity to live life more thoroughly.
By reworking their perspectives on well-being, disease, healing, and treatment, and strengthening resiliency skills, coaching clients nurture the creativity, connectedness, and courage they already possess. I act as their witness, questioner, listener, challenger, cheer leader, teacher, normalizer, partner, and sometimes...their student, too.
Interval Coaching & Consulting℠ came into being after more than 20 years of working with individuals and families in hospitals, schools, and community service/non-profit agencies. My greatest strength is helping people develop positive coping strategies with which to face adversity of any kind, with specialization in non-pharmacological pain management, guided visualization, mental preparation for surgical procedures, and the psychosocial effects of health care experiences on children and adolescents.
Having lived outside my home passport country with a hospital physician for over 14 years, I've developed a unique perspective and understanding of the challenges people can face when managing a health condition or requiring healthcare while living abroad.
Personally, finding creative ways to collaborate with others and a daily practice of conscious breathing, vocalizing, and The Mindful Morning Walk have shifted how I experience my life abroad.
Interval Coaching & Consulting℠ is also available to provide retreat space in northern Italy wine country for small groups and families with personalized coaching retreat options.
Carolyn's Influential Experiences, Roles, and Credentials
- Master of Education, Guidance & Counseling
- Post-Graduate Study in Expressive Arts Therapy
- Certified Child Life Specialist, Association of Child Life Professionals
- Associate Certified Coach, International Coach Federation
- Certified Professional Coach, Core Energy™ Coaching Process
- Certified Energy Leadership Index -Master Practitioner
- Certified Facilitator of the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Military Families, The Covey Institute
- Medical Coaching Learning Community 2016-2017, Medical Coaching Institute
- Bereavement Group Facilitator Training, The Dougy Center
- Foundations Level Yoga InstructorTraining, YogaFit
- Association of Child Life Professionals, Member
- Families in Global Transition, Member
- International Coaching Federation, Member
- Collaborating Writer, I Am A Triangle
- Subject Matter Expert, Presenter, Pediatric Pain course, Pediatric Hospital Bambino Gesu' (Vatican City)
- Subject Matter Expert, Presenter, Therapeutic Play Course 1, Pediatric Hospital Bambino Gesu'
- Subject Matter Expert, Presenter, Therapeutic Play Course 2, Pediatric Hospital Bambino Gesu'
- Presenter, Enhancing Family Centered Care Intensive, Johns Hopkins Children's Center (Baltimore, MD)
- Presenter, Psychological Preparation Intensive, JHCC
- Seminar Facilitator, Child Life Internship, JHCC
- Vocalist, Blanco & Tinto Big Band (Cortaccia, Italy)
- Student of Contemporary Voice, Vivaldi Institute of Music (Bolzano, Italy)
- Parent and partner in a cross-cultural, dual-national, tri-lingual family
- 14 years living abroad